Man Arrested In Arlington Hit And Run Investigation
ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) – A 25-year-old man was arrested Wednesday night at DFW Airport accused in the hit and ran crash that critically injured an Arlington man.
Omar Mohammed was trying to board a plane bound for Kuwait, Arlington Police said. Instead, he was taken to the Arlington Jail to be booked.
Mohammed was charged with accident involving injury and failure to stop, according to the Arlington Police jail website. Bond has been set at $250,000 and if he bonds out, Mohammed will be required to give up his passport and wear an ankle monitor.
Earlier in the day Wednesday, Arlington officers announced they seized a Honda Civic they believe was involved in the crash Saturday that left 73-year old Terry Pinkston injured.
A search warrant shows police found the car at Mohammed’s parents’ home. According to the warrant, police received a tip Tuesday that the Honda had had a broken windshield repaired on Saturday, hours after Pinkston was struck and left for dead.
When an officer found the car, he noted it also had damage to its front bumper and its hood.
A search of security camera footage at Mohammed’s apartment complex on Green Oaks Bouleveard revealed video of him leaving Saturday just one block away and one minute before the crash.
Pinkston was out for a walk that morning, when a car struck him from behind.
The impact broke his ribs and vertebrae.
“So many things wrong and broken and cracked. There’s really no way to get comfortable,” said Pinkston, as he was discharged from John Peter Smith hospital Wednesday.
“You had the opportunity, you know, you had the opportunity you missed that window and now you suffer the consequences,” said Pinkston.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Arlington Man Guilty Of Sexual Assault Posted To Facebook
- Sketch Released Of Man Who Attacked Woman Walking Her Dogs
- Crash Shuts Down Northbound U.S. 75
- Rockwall PTA Fundraiser For Time-Strapped Parents Goes Viral
- USDA To Approve Simplot’s Genetically Engineered Potato
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures