Matt Harrison Having More Back Issues
SURPRISE, Ariz. (AP) – Texas Rangers left-hander Matt Harrison will have an MRI after back stiffness kept him from throwing batting practice on the first day of full-squad workouts.
Harrison said Thursday he has some concerns after last season. He was the Rangers opening day starter in 2013, but made only one more start before being sidelined by two operations on a herniated disk in his back.
General manager Jon Daniels said Harrison will return to Texas to see Dr. Drew Dossett, who did both operations on the pitcher last year.
The Rangers kept Harrison from throwing on Tuesday as a precaution because of neck stiffness. A day later, Harrison started feeling discomfort in his lower back, which he says was worse when he woke up Thursday.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Chris Kirk Clenches Victory At Colonial In Fort Worth
- No Holiday From the Storms
- Texas House Opts Not To Cut Tuition For Veterans And Their Children
- Department Of Transportation Discouraging Memorial Day Road Travel
- Firefighter Drowns Amid Oklahoma, Texas Flash Floods
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures