SURPRISE, Ariz. (AP) – Super Bowl winning-quarterback Russell Wilson is going to spring training.
Wilson sent a tweet Thursday telling Texas Rangers fans he would see them in Surprise, Ariz., on March 3. He included a picture of himself standing in front of Seattle Seahawks helmets while wearing a Texas baseball jersey, and holding another showing the back with his name and No. 3.
Texas selected Wilson from the Colorado Rockies in the Triple-A portion of baseball’s December draft at the winter meetings.
Wilson played minor league baseball as a second baseman for parts of two seasons before going back to college to play football. He just finished his second NFL season.
The Rangers have said Wilson has an open invitation.
It is unclear if Wilson will participate in any on-field activities or just visit.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 9-Year-Old Taken To Hospital After Near Drowning
- At Least 7 Stabbed At Protest Outside California Capitol
- North Texans Remember Garland and Rowlett Tornadoes
- Tony Stewart Snaps 84-Race Drought With Win At Sonoma
- Naval Academy Grad Hurley Wins Quicken Loans National
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures