HOUSTON (AP) – A Houston mansion where scenes from the Oscar-winning movie “Terms of Endearment” were filmed is for sale for $3.5 million.
Richard Ray, a real estate agent with John Daugherty Realtors, says the home’s interior and backyard were used to depict the home of Jack Nicholson’s playboy character. Scenes for the 1983 film were shot at the pool, master bedroom and kitchen. The kitchen has since been remodeled, the pool transformed into a pond.
The almost 7,000-square-foot home known as the Waldo Mansion was built in 1885 by J.P. Waldo, who was in the railroad business.
Ray says this marks the first time it’s been for sale in 25 years.
He notes another Houston home was used to depict the exterior.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dallas Dog Mauling Victim’s Family Seeks $5M From City
- Amazon Cancels Subscription Due To Frequent Returns
- Family Says Funeral Home Mixed Up Veteran’s Ashes
- Baylor Demotes Starr, Fires Coach Amid Sex Assaults Scandal
- Highway 80 Near Forney Shut Down In Both Directions
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures