DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Two people were killed Wednesday night, gunned down inside of a car on an east Dallas street, police said. The shootings took place in the 1800 block of Abshire Lane, just off of Peavy Road.
According to authorities, an unknown suspect came up and shot two men in their 20s who were sitting inside of a Nissan Altima. Both men were pronounced dead on the scene.
The Dallas County Medical Examiner has identified the victims as 28-year-old Denzel Pickens and 28-year-old Gregory Smith, both of Dallas.
Homicide and crime scene detectives spent several hours at the scene, working to gather evidence, but police did not provide a motive for what might have sparked the shootings.
- John McCain’s Daughter Tweets Photo Of Hike After Brain Cancer Diagnosis
- Civil Rights Icon Leads March Through California Comic-Con
- President Trump’s Weekly Address & Democratic Response
- Actor John Heard, Of ‘Home Alone’ Movies, Dies At 71
- Fort Worth Police Arrest Couple For Alleged Sexual Assault
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures