DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Two people were killed Wednesday night, gunned down inside of a car on an east Dallas street, police said. The shootings took place in the 1800 block of Abshire Lane, just off of Peavy Road.
According to authorities, an unknown suspect came up and shot two men in their 20s who were sitting inside of a Nissan Altima. Both men were pronounced dead on the scene.
The Dallas County Medical Examiner has identified the victims as 28-year-old Denzel Pickens and 28-year-old Gregory Smith, both of Dallas.
Homicide and crime scene detectives spent several hours at the scene, working to gather evidence, but police did not provide a motive for what might have sparked the shootings.
- Beyonce Releases New Song Day Before Super Bowl Appearance
- Sheriff: Texas Teen Kills Mom, 2 Neighbors, Then Himself
- Milton, Moore Help No. 12 SMU Rout South Florida 92-58
- Rangers Hot Stove: Discussing CBS’s Position Player Rankings
- Rangers Hot Stove: Interview with Shawn Tolleson
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures