JONESBORO, Ark. (AP) – Kirk Van Slyke made seven 3-pointers and scored 23 points to lead Arkansas State to an 83-60 victory over Texas-Arlington on Thursday night.
Van Slyke only missed one shot from beyond the arc with the Red Wolves (15-9, 8-5 Sun Belt) hitting 16 of 30 from long range for 53.3 percent, better than their overall mark of 50 percent. Cameron Golden, who made four 3-pointers, added 14 points and Melvin Johnson III and Brandon Reed 13.
UT Arlington (11-14, 6-7) was led by Brandon Edwards with 14 points and Jamel Outler and Lonnie McClanahan with 10 each, but the Mavericks were only 4 of 19 (21.1 percent) from 3-point range.
Arkansas State led for all but the first minute. The Red Wolves were up by 12 at halftime with their lead never falling below double digits in the second half, when they were up by as many at 27 points.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Barbara Bush’s Granddaughter Gives Birth To Son
- Barbara Bush Eulogized As ‘First Lady Of The Greatest Generation’
- Texas School Apologizes After 8th Graders Asked To List Positives Of Slavery
- Verne Troyer, Best Known As Mini-Me In ‘Austin Powers,’ Dies At 49
- Father Killed In Random Attack At Restaurant While Holding Daughter
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures