MIAMI (AP) — Chris Jones scored a layup at the buzzer as North Texas held on to defeat Florida International 65-63 Thursday night.
Jones hit a jumper to give North Texas a 13-point lead, 56-43 with 8:09 remaining. The Mean Green then led the entire second half until FIU used a 20-7 run to tie it at 63 with 20 seconds to play before Jones scored as time expired.
Jordan Williams had 16 points and nine rebounds and Alzee Williams added 14 points to lead North Texas (13-13, 4-8 Conference USA). Colin Voss scored 10 points and Jones added 10 with seven assists for the Mean Green, who have won two-straight after snapping a five-game losing skid.
Tymell Murphy scored a career-high 31 points to lead Florida International (13-14, 5-7). Rakeem Buckles added 13 points with 13 rebounds for the Golden Panthers.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Small Texas Town Comes Under Fire For Cross In Public Park
- Pebble Discontinuing Smartwatches After Sale To Fitbit
- NHL’s Vegas Golden Knights Denied Trademark For Nickname
- Delta Upgrading Free Snacks For Economy Travelers
- Texas Gas Prices Reach $1.99 Per Gallon
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures