DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Two people were taken into police custody Thursday night, considered suspects in at least one of nearly two dozen driveway robberies that have terrorized Dallas homeowners since the beginning of the year.
“Confirming @DallasPDdoes have two in custody for a driveway-style robbery,” said media relations spokesman, Lt Max Geron via Twitter. “Their connection to others is unknown.”
Patrol officers working on Davis Street in West Oak Cliff pulled over an SUV Thursday evening. CBS 11’s Andrea Lucia reported that police sources told her the arrests took place either just before a driveway robbery was about to be committed or just afterward
The two suspects were taken to Dallas Police Headquarters to be interviewed by detectives and then later transferred to the Lew Sterrett Jail. Their names and the exact charges were not released by early Friday morning.
CBS 11’s Stephanie Lucero is working the story this morning and will have additional information as it becomes available.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Grand Prairie’s Delayed Prairie Lights Display To Reopen Thursday
- Oncor Crews Restoring Power in Oklahoma Amid Winter Storm Outages
- Foreign Investors Fuel Price Real Estate Trend
- Video: Carolina Fan Put In Choke Hold By AT&T Stadium Security Guard
- Frisco PD Gives Back on “Giving Tuesday”
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures