Kwasniewski Wins Nationwide Pole At Daytona
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (AP) – Dylan Kwasniewski led a Turner Scott Motorsports sweep of the top three spots in qualifying for the Nationwide Series opener at Daytona International Speedway.
The 18-year-old rookie will make his series debut Saturday starting from the pole. He topped the speed chart with a lap at 192.078 mph to grab the top starting spot in the rain-shortened qualifying session.
Kyle Larson qualified second with a lap at 192.074 and Danica Patrick was third.
The qualifying session was the first for NASCAR’s new multicar, knockout-style format. All cars were on track for the opening 25-minute segment, but it was interrupted twice by rain.
The fastest 24 cars were scheduled to advance to a second, 10-minute round, but it was rained out.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- ‘Campus Carry’ Bill Gets Big Boost
- Santorum Faces Steep Climb In 2016 Run
- Texas Storms Test Emergency Response
- Texas Man Accused Of Conspiring To Back ISIS
- Rangers Beat Indians For 7th Straight Win
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures