GARLAND (CBSDFW.COM) – Police in Garland have arrested a man in connection with a fatal hit-and-run crash that occurred in October of last year. Roman Lewis Sanchez has been accused of being behind the wheel of a Lincoln Town Car that struck and killed a man on a motorcycle.
The incident took place at the intersection of Jupiter Road and Miller Road. Police arrived to find 47-year-old Dennis Hall of Rowlett in the middle of the roadway. He was transported to Medical Center of Plano, but later died. Hall had been traveling eastbound along Miller Road on his motorcycle when he was hit by a southbound vehicle that ran a red light, according to witnesses. The driver of that vehicle fled the scene.
Police received a Crime Stoppers tip that named 20-year-old Sanchez as the driver.
Sanchez is now sitting behind bars in Dallas County. The suspect has been charged with failure to stop and render aid, causing death. His bond has been set at $100,000.
- Memorial Day 2016: A Daughter’s Devotion To Her Dad
- Business Coming Back After Flooding At Joe Pool Lake
- Memorial Day 2016: “Never Forget – Families Want To Hear You Say Their Names”
- Baylor Athletic Director Resigns Amid Scandal
- Young Woman Getting Famous For Being Hit In Head By Golf Ball
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures