INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Johnny Manziel was all business Friday at the NFL scouting combine.
He walked to the podium, provided mostly thoughtful, deliberate answers and even suggested some of his previous quotes have been overblown.
Now team executives and coaches must determine whether the 2012 Heisman Trophy winner is the guy they want leading their offense and serving as the face of their franchises.
Manziel would not confirm his measurements, reportedly a little under 6-feet and 207 pounds, short and light by NFL standards.
Instead, he promised to be all football, all the time as a rookie _ the kind of words new Texans coach Bill O’Brien was waiting to hear at the other end of the Lucas Oil Stadium media room. Houston has the No. 1 pick in May’s draft.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cowboys Loss To Packers Was Painful, But Not The Most Heartbreaking
- Jones Says Romo “Will Play In A Superbowl,” Would Not Specify Team
- Cowboys Season In Review: Dallas Exceeded All Expectations in 2016 Despite Early Playoff Loss
- UT Arlington Holds Off South Alabama’s Rally For 89-83 Win
- Swoopes Headlines Women’s Basketball Hall Of Fame Finalists
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures