Texas A&M Women Run Past Ole Miss 73-61
OXFORD, Miss. (AP) - Courtney Williams scored 26 points and Karla Gilbert added 21 with 10 rebounds to help No. 16 Texas A&M defeat Mississippi 73-61 on Thursday night.
The Aggies (21-6, 11-2 SEC) shot 48.3 percent from the field, with Gilbert going 8 of 10. Courtney Walker contributed 13 points and Jordan Jones had nine with six assists.
Tia Faleru paced Ole Miss (10-17, 1-12) with 21 points and 10 boards, while Valencia McFarland chipped in 12 with nine assists.
Texas A&M broke away from a 10-all tie with a 20-5 surge ignited by a three-point play from Gilbert. Williams contributed 11 points during the run, and the Aggies coasted to a 38-24 halftime advantage.
The Rebels opened the second half with a 9-0 run fueled by three baskets from Faleru to pull within five, but Texas A&M countered with a 10-2 surge to grab a double-digit lead for good with 12:43 remaining.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dallas Airports Prep For Holiday Parking
- Lewisville ISD Educator Arrested For Improper Relationship
- Denton Residents Uneasy After Home Invasion Ends In Murder
- Cowboys Victory Makes Playoff Tickets A Hot Christmas Gift
- North Texas Police Have Safety Concerns After NYC Police Murders
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures