Race, Cultural Differences On The Table At Second ‘Conversations About Race’
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - Race and cultural differences were on the table today at the second installment of “Conversations about Race,” a multi-part discussion series held in the Dallas City Hall Council Chambers.
The free public events are a prelude to the Dallas Faces Race: Face Race 2014 National Conference to be held in November.
Co-chairs of the discussion installment include Mayor Mike Rawlings, Councilman Dwaine R. Caraway and Dallas County Commissioner Elba Garcia.
Panelists for the discussions will include local chambers of commerce and contractors associations, business leaders, elected officials, civil rights leaders, persons in leadership positions in various communities, and members of the media, according to a press release.
Audience members were able to ask questions and made comments prior to the panelists’ discussion.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- NASCAR Chase Outsiders Not Leaving Anything To Chance
- ISIS Email Demanded Release Of Neuroscientist From Texas Jail
- Allen Police Searching For Armed Bank Robbery Suspect
- Family Praises Off-Duty DPD Officer For Shooting Suspect
- 5 NFL Rookies To Shine In 2014
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures