DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Race and cultural differences were on the table today at the second installment of “Conversations about Race,” a multi-part discussion series held in the Dallas City Hall Council Chambers.
The free public events are a prelude to the Dallas Faces Race: Face Race 2014 National Conference to be held in November.
Co-chairs of the discussion installment include Mayor Mike Rawlings, Councilman Dwaine R. Caraway and Dallas County Commissioner Elba Garcia.
Panelists for the discussions will include local chambers of commerce and contractors associations, business leaders, elected officials, civil rights leaders, persons in leadership positions in various communities, and members of the media, according to a press release.
Audience members were able to ask questions and made comments prior to the panelists’ discussion.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Arlington PD Running “No Refusal” Plan Thanksgiving Weekend
- Blair Wins 700th Game As No. 10 Texas A&M Women Beat Cal
- Cowboys Fans Pay Ticket Company Thousands For Package, Get Nothing
- SUV Slams Into Car on 175; Kills 2 Children
- Man Dies In Flood Water In Garland
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures