DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Approximately 40 residents are displaced after a 2-alarm fire at the Preston Valley Apartments in north Dallas broke out around 7 p.m. Sunday.
The two-story apartments are located at 5631 Spring Valley Rd. Firefighters took about an hour to put the blaze out.
Dallas Fire-Rescue spokesman Jason Evans said the fire was coming through the complex’s roof at one point.
It’s unclear how many of the 16 units fell prey to the flames, but all 40 residents were displaced because electricity to the entire complex had to be shut off.
The American Red Cross has been notified of the displaced persons.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Germany’s Haribo To Produce Gummy Bears In U.S.
- Trump Administration Approves Keystone XL Pipeline
- Rowlett Murder Suspect Had Been Deported In 2012
- Spacewalking Astronauts Prep Station For New Parking Spot
- Pilots’ Union Says American Airlines Is Leaving Standby Passengers Behind
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures