SAN ANTONIO, Texas (AP) – A 14-year-old quarterback from South Texas has committed to play football at LSU.
Eighth-grader Zadock Dinkelmann orally committed to the Tigers on Friday. He’s the nephew of Ty and Koy Detmer. Ty Detmer won the 1990 Heisman Trophy at BYU and Koy Detmer was an All-Big 12 player at Colorado. Both played in the NFL.
The 6-foot-4 Dinkelmann plays for a junior high in Somerset, southwest of San Antonio. The San Antonio Express-News reports he announced his choice six months before he can compete in high school.
The teen’s nonbinding declaration continues a trend of adolescents committing to play in college. He is at least the third junior high student from Texas to commit this school year.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Tropical Storm Daniel Weakens Off Mexico Coast
- Galveston Officer Fatally Shoots Man During Traffic Stop
- Barber Cuts World Cup Soccer Players On Fan’s Heads
- Lincoln Foundation’s Marilyn Monroe Little Black Dress Dress Sells For $50K
- Texas Death Row Inmate Rodney Reed Loses At Supreme Court
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures