BRYAN, Texas (AP) — Texas A&M freshman defensive lineman Isaiah Golden is free on $2,000 bond after a weekend arrest for marijuana possession.
Bryan police say the 19-year-old Golden was arrested Saturday night at an apartment complex. Details of the misdemeanor arrest aren’t immediately available.
Aggie athletics spokesman Alan Cannon tells The Eagle of Bryan-College Station he wasn’t aware of the arrest but says it’s school policy to immediately suspend a student-athlete after an arrest pending further investigation.
Golden is from Carthage in Northeast Texas. He started six of the 11 games he played last season.
Conviction on a charge of possession two ounces
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
Latest College Sports:
- Grisanti’s Homer Lifts Vanderbilt Past Texas A&M, 6-5 In SEC
- C-USA Agrees To TV Deals With 4 Networks, Including CBS Sports Network
- Vance Shuts Down OU In W Va’s 6-0 Win In Big 12 Tournament
- Texas Coach Augie Garrido Won’t Resign, Wants Another Year
- Matchups For SEC/Big 12 Challenge Announced
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures