LUBBOCK (AP) — Tiffany Bias went the length of the court for the game-winning basket with 1.5 seconds left on Sunday as No. 12 Oklahoma State narrowly avoided an upset with a 63-62 win over Texas Tech.
Bias took the inbounds pass and raced down the court, but slowed down as she neared the right wing and shook free of her defender, Amber Battle, who flew by. Bias then went uncontested to the hoop for the layup.
Battle had just given Texas Tech a 62-61 lead on a three-point play with 7.1 seconds to go.
Bias led OSU (21-5, 10-5 Big 12) with 22 points and eight assists. Liz Donohoe scored 17 points and three 3-pointers, and LaShawn Jones added 12 points and nine rebounds.
Battle had 19 points and 10 rebounds as Texas Tech (6-20, 0-15) almost avoided its 16th straight loss. Ivonne Cook-Taylor added 14 points for the Lady Raiders.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- New Recycling Plant In Dallas Meant To Make Process Easier
- Frisco Mom & Sunday School Teacher Dies Helping Stranger
- Dallas VA Patients Return For Appointments After Bomb Scare
- Ex-US Rep. Stockman Indicted For Misusing Donations
- Fort Worth To Expand Technology To Track Heavy Rainfall
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures