Jury Selection Begins In Dallas Super Bowl Ice Suit
Cowboys CentralShop for Cowboys Gear
Buy Cowboys Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
DALLAS (AP) – Jury selection has started in the trial of a lawsuit filed by a worker injured by ice and snow falling from the roof of Cowboys Stadium during the week before the 2011 Super Bowl.
Severin Sampson contends he suffered a skull fracture and has continuing medical problems.
Sampson’s attorney accuses the Cowboys and the stadium architects of failing to account for the possibility of falling ice and snow from the roof. At least six people were hurt on the Friday before the Super Bowl three years ago.
Attorneys Monday sparred over whether Sampson’s positive test for marijuana the same day as the accident was relevant. State District Judge Jim Jordan said he would allow the test result. The judge also rejected a subpoena request for Cowboys owner Jerry Jones.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Whole Foods Recalls Croissants Over Undeclared Egg
- Judge Says American Can’t End Retiree Benefits Yet
- Suspects In Fatal Hit & Run Captured In Florida
- 22-Year-Old Accused Of Driving Car Into Crowd Outside Bar
- “Pinwheels For Prevention” A Playful Reminder Of Sinister Reality
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures