Jury Selection Begins In Dallas Super Bowl Ice Suit
Cowboys CentralBuy Cowboys Tickets Shop for Cowboys Gear NFL Scoreboard
Sports Fan Insider
DALLAS (AP) – Jury selection has started in the trial of a lawsuit filed by a worker injured by ice and snow falling from the roof of Cowboys Stadium during the week before the 2011 Super Bowl.
Severin Sampson contends he suffered a skull fracture and has continuing medical problems.
Sampson’s attorney accuses the Cowboys and the stadium architects of failing to account for the possibility of falling ice and snow from the roof. At least six people were hurt on the Friday before the Super Bowl three years ago.
Attorneys Monday sparred over whether Sampson’s positive test for marijuana the same day as the accident was relevant. State District Judge Jim Jordan said he would allow the test result. The judge also rejected a subpoena request for Cowboys owner Jerry Jones.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Lt. Gov. Candidates Patrick, Van de Putte Go On Attack In Debate
- Top 5: Healthy Foods That Aren’t So Healthy
- North Texas Hospital Evaluating Patient For Potential Ebola Exposure
- HP Superintendent Reverses Banned Books Decision
- NFL: Brent Can Make London Trip With Dallas Cowboys
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures