Man Calls 911 On Himself After Escaping Police Custody
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A man who escaped from DeSoto police custody is now in jail after calling 911 to complain his handcuffs were too tight.
DeSoto Police say they handcuffed and arrested Dyonta Rose, 29, Saturday evening on drug charges when they found his backpack contained what appeared to be narcotics.
Police say when the arresting officer left Rose alone, he escaped still wearing his handcuffs.
According to Dallas Police, later that evening Rose called 911 to ask for an ambulance and complained that the handcuffs were cutting off the circulation in his arm.
Dallas Police responded to the call and DeSoto Police took custody of him again and booked him in jail.
In a statement, a spokesperson for DeSoto Police said, “The suspect was able to escape due to apparent equipment failure, which has since been rectified.”
Rose has been charged with possession of a controlled substance, escape, tampering with evidence (all felonies), and possession of marijuana, which is a misdemeanor.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Dallas Cowboys To Draft & Avoid In Fantasy Football
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt Secretly Wed In France
- Perry Says Republican Congress Is Key
- Human Skull Donated To Austin Thrift Store
- Fort Worth Highway Re-Opens After Big Rig Fire
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures