INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Johnny Football has more proof that he’s fast.
Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel’s official 40-yard dash time at the NFL scouting combine was 4.68 seconds. That’s fourth at his position among those who participated in the drill Sunday at Lucas Oil Stadium. The best was Virginia Tech’s Logan Thomas, who registered 4.61 seconds.
Manziel is widely considered one of the top three quarterbacks in the draft. Louisville’s Teddy Bridgewater did not run the 40. Central Florida’s Blake Bortles ran a 4.93.
South Carolina’s Connor Shaw and Fresno State’s Derek Carr were two other quarterbacks who ranked high in several categories.
Kent State running back Dri Archer posted the fastest official 40 time at 4.26.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Emergency Crews Save A Pair Of Pets From An Apartment Fire
- Thieves Take Selfies With Stolen Phones; Photos Automatically Sent To Victim’s Computer
- Retail Gas Prices Up A Penny Across Texas
- MetLife Cuts Ties With The Peanuts Gang
- Search Continues For Escaped Dallas County Inmate
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures