FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – Stomachs are growling, kids are complaining — it is dinner time and you need a healthy idea in a hurry. We are here to help. Shalene McNeill from the Texas Beef Council offers up a favorite five-minute meal recipe.
— 1 1/4 lbs. boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1-inch thick
— 4 cups assorted fresh vegetables, such as sugar snap peas, broccoli florets, bell pepper strips and shredded carrots
— 1 clove garlic, minced
— 1/2 cup prepared stir-fry sauce, preferably sesame-ginger flavor
— 1/8 – 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
— 3 cups hot cooked rice
— 2 Tbsp. unsalted dry-roasted peanuts (optional)
Prepare rice according to package directions; keep warm.
Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/8 to 1/4-inch thick uniform strips.
Combine vegetables and 3 Tbsp. water in large nonstick skillet. Cover and cook over medium-high heat 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove and drain.
Heat same pan over medium-high heat until hot. Add half of beef and half of garlic; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Remove. Repeat with remaining beef and garlic.
Return all beef and vegetables to pan. Add stir-fry sauce and red pepper; heat through. Spoon over rice. Sprinkle with peanuts, if desired.
286 calories; 26 g protein; 31 g carbohydrate; 6 g fat; 546 mg sodium; 64 mg cholesterol; 4.9 mg niacin; .5 mg vitamin B6; 2.0 mcg vitamin B12; 4.1 mg iron; 5.1 mg zinc
- Experts: Video Shows Uber System Had Time To Brake
- Good Samaritans Save Family From Fire: ‘He Picked Up Grandma And Carried Her Out’
- Dallas Condo Building Destroyed By Fire Wasn’t Getting Annual Safety Inspections
- Texas Liquor Stores To Appeal Walmart Booze Sales Ruling
- Austin Bomber Describes Bombs He Constructed In Recorded Confession On His Phone
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures