Recipe: Asian Beef & Vegetable Stir-Fry
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) - Stomachs are growling, kids are complaining — it is dinner time and you need a healthy idea in a hurry. We are here to help. Shalene McNeill from the Texas Beef Council offers up a favorite five-minute meal recipe.
– 1 1/4 lbs. boneless beef top sirloin steak, cut 1-inch thick
– 4 cups assorted fresh vegetables, such as sugar snap peas, broccoli florets, bell pepper strips and shredded carrots
– 1 clove garlic, minced
– 1/2 cup prepared stir-fry sauce, preferably sesame-ginger flavor
– 1/8 – 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
– 3 cups hot cooked rice
– 2 Tbsp. unsalted dry-roasted peanuts (optional)
Prepare rice according to package directions; keep warm.
Cut beef steak lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1/8 to 1/4-inch thick uniform strips.
Combine vegetables and 3 Tbsp. water in large nonstick skillet. Cover and cook over medium-high heat 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove and drain.
Heat same pan over medium-high heat until hot. Add half of beef and half of garlic; stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. Remove. Repeat with remaining beef and garlic.
Return all beef and vegetables to pan. Add stir-fry sauce and red pepper; heat through. Spoon over rice. Sprinkle with peanuts, if desired.
286 calories; 26 g protein; 31 g carbohydrate; 6 g fat; 546 mg sodium; 64 mg cholesterol; 4.9 mg niacin; .5 mg vitamin B6; 2.0 mcg vitamin B12; 4.1 mg iron; 5.1 mg zinc
- Rep Shares Request For Muslims To Renounce Terrorists On Facebook
- UT Chancellor Writes GOP Leaders To Oppose ‘Campus Carry’
- Man Barricades Himself As Deputies Attempt To Serve Warrant At Mansfield Apt.
- NFL Says Concussions Down 25 Percent
- Abbott Looks To End Perry’s Startups Fund
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures