Ron Washington Gets 1-Year Contract Extension With Rangers
ARLINGTON, Texas (CBSDFW.COM) – The Texas Rangers and manager Ron Washington have agreed to a 1-year contract extension.
The Rangers had last extended Washington’s contract in January 2012, when two years were added through 2014.
This deal will keep Washington with the Rangers through 2015. Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Washington has guided the Rangers to four straight 90-win seasons, including back-to-back World Series appearances in 2010 and 2011.
“Ron Washington leads our club with a vast knowledge and passion for the game,” said Rangers President of Baseball Operations and General Manager Jon Daniels. “Under Wash’s guidance and tutelage, the Rangers have enjoyed their greatest successes in franchise history. I look forward to working with him to build on that success in 2014 and beyond.”
Former co-owner of the team Chuck Greenberg tweeted his approval of the deal and praise for Ron:
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Frisco Freedom Fest Entertains Thousands On Fourth
- Historic Ft. Worth Neighborhoods Come Alive On Fourth
- Another Near Drowning In Fort Worth
- Charity-Driven Fireworks Stand Burglarized In Kaufman County
- Lake Arlington Is Packed For Fourth
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures