DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Two men stole a motorized scooter from a 40-year-old man in his own driveway.
Robert Jefferson was waiting on the bus to take him to a clinic for dialysis treatments when he said two men assaulted him. The thieves approached Jefferson by asking for a light. They then pushed Jefferson, whose kidney’s are failing, out of his scooter and fled.
“I was mad,” said Jefferson, who relies on his motorized scooter since he has difficulty walking.
The robbers not only left with the scooter, and $30 in cash, they also left Jefferson on the ground, helpless and alone.
What Jefferson may lack in physical strength, he makes up ten fold with humility.
“I feel sorry for the guys,” said Jefferson, who needs his scooter three days a week for trips to the dialysis center.
For now, Jefferson uses a cane to walk. He hopes Medicaid will provide him with a new scooter and that police will catch the men who attacked him.
For a man whose experienced so much disappointment, Jefferson wasn’t robbed of his dignity. Unfortunately for police, Jefferson wasn’t able to give a clear description of his attackers.
Anyone with any information about this incident is urged to call CRIME STOPPERS at 214.373.8477.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Mark Cuban Fined $600K For Tanking Comments
- District Will Suspend Kids Who Leave Class To Protest Florida Shooting – ‘We Are Here For An Education And Not A Political Protest’
- AT&T To Bring 5G To Dallas & Other Cities In 2018
- Texas School To Build Police Substation On Campus
- South Carolina Lawmakers Propose Bill To Ban Saggy Pants In Public
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures