DETROIT, Mich (CBS NEWS) – General Motors is adding more than 588,000 vehicles to a recall to fix ignition switches that can shut off engines and cause crashes.
The company says it’s adding Saturn Ion compacts from 2003 through 2007, and Chevrolet HHR SUVs and Pontiac Solstice and Saturn Sky sports cars from 2006 and 2007.
The additional vehicles increase the total recall to 1.37 million. GM announced Feb. 13 that it would recall 780,000 Chevrolet Cobalts and Pontiac G5s from the 2005 through 2007 model years.
- All-Female Crew Becomes Southwest’s First ‘Unmanned’ Boeing 737 Flight
- Court Halts Ruling Allowing Immigrant Teen To Have Abortion
- Five Things You Missed: Yankees, Dodgers One Win from World Series
- Home Where Kidnapped Teen Was Found Murdered Demolished
- Badly Parked Toy Leads To Big Surprise For Little Girl
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures