GM Adds 588,000 Vehicles To Recall
Get Breaking News First
DETROIT, Mich (CBS NEWS) – General Motors is adding more than 588,000 vehicles to a recall to fix ignition switches that can shut off engines and cause crashes.
The company says it’s adding Saturn Ion compacts from 2003 through 2007, and Chevrolet HHR SUVs and Pontiac Solstice and Saturn Sky sports cars from 2006 and 2007.
The additional vehicles increase the total recall to 1.37 million. GM announced Feb. 13 that it would recall 780,000 Chevrolet Cobalts and Pontiac G5s from the 2005 through 2007 model years.
- Playoff Pinch Hits: Giants And Pirates Like It’s 1971 All Over Again?
- Gov. Perry Plans Dallas News Conference On Ebola Case
- McIlroy Wins PGA Tour Player Of The Year
- Texas School Fund Worth $37.7 Billion
- App Teaches Kids Basic Computer Coding
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures