DETROIT, Mich (CBS NEWS) – General Motors is adding more than 588,000 vehicles to a recall to fix ignition switches that can shut off engines and cause crashes.
The company says it’s adding Saturn Ion compacts from 2003 through 2007, and Chevrolet HHR SUVs and Pontiac Solstice and Saturn Sky sports cars from 2006 and 2007.
The additional vehicles increase the total recall to 1.37 million. GM announced Feb. 13 that it would recall 780,000 Chevrolet Cobalts and Pontiac G5s from the 2005 through 2007 model years.
- Welterweight Title Fight Between Keith Thurman And Danny Garcia To Air In Primetime On CBS
- Retail Gasoline Prices In Texas, Nationwide Down This Week
- Cause Of Death Of “The Strong Arm” Attorney Determined
- Rick Perry’s Energy Secretary Confirmation Hearing Underway
- Houston Flooding Causes Release Of 1M Gallons Of Wastewater
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures