NEW YORK (CBS NEWS) – Did Americans sour on Got Milk?
The ad campaign has been wildly popular for the milk industry, but yet it hasn’t been able to stop a prolonged slide in American milk consumption.
That could be one reason why the Milk Processor Education Program has decided to end ‘Got Milk?’ and say goodbye to the flashy ads featuring celebrities with milk mustaches. Instead, the milk program is going to use regular people doing regular things to sell milk, and will use the tagline ‘Milk Life.’
The first commercial for the campaign featured a man trying to answer “Aaron Burr” to win $10,000 from a radio station. The man, with a mouthful of peanut butter, ran out of milk and couldn’t respond to the question from the radio host. The campaign was a hit, and went national. Some 300 stars would appear in its ads over the course of 20 years.
- Samsung Poised To Unseat Intel As King Of Microchips
- Hillary Clinton Calling New Book “What Happened”
- Ford Recalling 117,000 Vehicles For Safety Defect
- Why Twitter Won’t Ban President Donald Trump
- Study Finds E-Cigarette Users More Likely To Kick Habit
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures