WHITE SETTLEMENT (AP) — Investigators say a 4-year-old North Texas boy has died after an oven being stored in his family’s backyard fell on him.
The Tarrant County Medical Examiner’s Office on Tuesday listed the cause of death as pending for Christian Rincon.
White Settlement police on Feb. 15 responded to a call about a missing child. Lt. J.P. Bevering says the boy’s mother went outside but couldn’t find him.
Police located Christian beneath a disconnected oven. Authorities believe the boy managed to open the door and the oven fell on him.
The boy was transported to a Fort Worth hospital, where he died Saturday night.
Bevering says the death appears to have been accidental.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Corruption Cases Casts Harsh Light On NYPD Handgun Permits
- Houston Mother Fatally Shoots Two Daughters Before Police Kill Her
- Ex-Deputy Gets Three Life Terms For Sexually Assaulting Girl
- Experts Demand More Effort To Save Coral Reefs
- Trump Finds Few Willing To Work For Him
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures