ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) – Police are on the scene of a South Arlington business, where a person has been fatally shot.
The shooting was reported shortly after 2 p.m. in the 3000 block of South Cooper.
The male victim was found inside the Red Wing Shoes store. Police confirm the store’s front door was locked, but the back door was open.
Homicide detectives are investigating and treating this as a suspicious death.
The shoe store is located in a strip mall, and people inside nearby businesses tell CBS 11 they heard a gun shot but didn’t know where it came from.
Arlington Police have gone door to door to conduct welfare checks at other business as they continue their investigation.
This is a developing story. CBS 11 has a crew on the scene and will provide more updates as we get them.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Starbucks Commits $10 Million To Develop Greener Coffee Cups
- Nancy Lieberman To Coach ‘Power’ Team In BIG3 League
- Austin Bombings: Mark Anthony Conditt Identified As Suspected Bomber
- “Footloose” & “My Girl” Among Songs Added To National Recording Registry
- A Look Back At Texas Tech’s Road To The NCAA Tournament
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures