Police: Patient Arrested For Stealing Ambulance
FORT WORTH (KRLD) – Moments after an ambulance pulled into the parking lot at JPS Hospital in Fort Worth, the patient inside jumped into the driver’s seat and drove away.
“While the ambulance was at the emergency department, the ambulance was actually driven away by the patient we had brought into the hospital,” said Matt Zavadsky, spokesperson for MedStar.
Zavadsky says his freedom didn’t last long. Fort Worth police caught up with him minutes later about a mile south of the hospital.
“It was at the intersection of Hemphill and Hawthorne, so it is probable that he had stopped for traffic, that allowed Fort Worth PD – cause there is a police station right near there – to help intervene and recover the ambulance and the patient for us.”
The patient is now in police custody and being evaluated at the hospital. The MedStar crew was not hurt.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- 5 NFL Week 16 JB Locks Against The Spread
- Baylor Not A Texas-Sized Draw For Cotton Bowl Tickets
- 3.2 Mil Expected To Travel Through DFW Airport Over Holiday Season
- CBS 11’s Karen Borta Is Moving To Mornings
- Bremond Rallies To Top Albany For UIL Class 2A Division II Title
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures