Rangers LHP Harrison Gets Good News On Back
Rangers CentralShop for Rangers Gear
Buy Rangers Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
SURPRISE, Ariz. (AP) - Texas Rangers left-hander Matt Harrison is expected to resume throwing this week after an additional MRI and examination on his back showed no issues.
Assistant general manager Thad Levine said Monday that the report was about as good as the team could have gotten.
Harrison was scratched from two throwing sessions last week after experiencing stiffness in his neck and back. He then returned to Texas to visit the doctor who last year did two operations for a herniated disk in his lower back.
The plan is for Harrison to resume cardio and conditioning Wednesday, and play catch the following day.
Levine says it’s not clear how far behind Harrison is, but acknowledged it’s unlikely he’ll be ready for the start of the regular season in five weeks.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Teens Rescued In Denton County Human Trafficking Sting
- Irving-Based Exxon Mobil Says It’ll Follow New Anti-Bias Rules
- Longhorns Coach Charlie Strong Prefers Not Talking National Title
- FAA Tells US Airlines Not To Fly To Tel Aviv
- Garland PD Release Video Of Possible Suspects In Murder Case
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures