KANSAS CITY (AP) — Next month’s Big 12 tournament at the Sprint Center has sold out for the fifth consecutive year, though standing-room tickets may become available closer to the event.
The tournament, which was played at Kemper Arena for years, also sold out when it returned to Kansas City in 2008. It’s also been played at American Airlines Center in Dallas and Ford Center, now the Chesapeake Energy Arena, in Oklahoma City.
As other conferences struggle to sell tickets, that has never been an issue for the Big 12 in Kansas City. That’s one reason why Sprint Center has been awarded the tournament through 2016.
This year’s tournament begins March 12. The championship game is March 15.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dallas Mavericks Report Inappropriate Behavior, Domestic Violence By Former Employees
- Rangers Hungry To Get Back To Leading AL West
- Bucs Release RB Doug Martin After Disappointing Season
- Texans Release Veteran Linebacker Brian Cushing
- Spring Training Report: The Boys Are Back In Town
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures