KANSAS CITY (AP) — Next month’s Big 12 tournament at the Sprint Center has sold out for the fifth consecutive year, though standing-room tickets may become available closer to the event.
The tournament, which was played at Kemper Arena for years, also sold out when it returned to Kansas City in 2008. It’s also been played at American Airlines Center in Dallas and Ford Center, now the Chesapeake Energy Arena, in Oklahoma City.
As other conferences struggle to sell tickets, that has never been an issue for the Big 12 in Kansas City. That’s one reason why Sprint Center has been awarded the tournament through 2016.
This year’s tournament begins March 12. The championship game is March 15.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Nick Faldo On The Northern Trust: ‘Always Fun To See Who Might Step Up’
- Amid Contract Talks, Goodell Says That He Loves His Job
- Manfred Says MLB Plans To Policy On Fan Behavior For 2018
- Steelers Holdout Bell Hints At Sept. 1 Return In Tweet
- UFC: Champ Jon Jones Flagged For Another Failed Doping Test
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures