HOUSTON (KRLD) — A Texas high school student is suspended for bringing a beer to school in his lunch, but he says it was an honest mistake.
Chaz Seale is a 17-year-old junior at Livingston High School north of Houston. He says he accidentally grabbed a beer from his fridge instead of a soda then packed it in his lunch, reports KTRK.
When he realized what he did, he handed the can over to a teacher, but was turned into the principal anyway.
The school says it has a zero-tolerance policy and suspended Seale for 3 days, in addition to 60 days at an alternative school.
- Comedian, Civil Rights Activist Dick Gregory Dies At 84
- Cowboys Top Colts 24-19 In Third Preseason Game
- Derek Holland Thanks Rangers Fans On Pitcher’s Mound
- Tensions Rise During Rally Against White Supremacy In Dallas
- Jaylon Smith Makes First NFL Tackle
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures