HOUSTON (AP) – Rob Lewis scored 24 points and Houston Baptist rolled by NCCAA member Arlington Baptist 107-55 on Tuesday.
Colter Lasher added 14 points while Ricmonds Vilde scored 12 and grabbed 10 rebounds for Houston Baptist (6-22, 2-13 Southland Conference).
Arlington Baptist kept pace early before Houston Baptist closed the first half on a 20-8 run, which included two 3-pointers from Lasher, en route to a 49-34 halftime advantage. Arlington Baptist managed only 21 points in the second half as Houston Baptist continued to pull away.
The Huskies shot 56.2 percent from the field, including 13 of 24 from long range. Lewis and Lasher hit four 3-pointers apiece to lead Houston Baptist.
Jeremiah Ford led Arlington Baptist with 11 points. Patrick Howard added 11 rebounds.
Houston Baptist improved to 2-0 against Arlington Baptist. The first meeting was in December 2012, with Houston Baptist winning 100-61.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Jones Says Romo Injury A “Setback” But Doesn’t Kill His Optimism For 2016 Season
- Court Tosses Data Speed Reduction Lawsuit Against AT&T
- Cowboys Waive DE Jenkins & Put CB Thomas On IR
- Djokovic’s Right Arm Troubles Him At U.S. Open
- Serena Begins U.S. Open Against Tough Makarova
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures