DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – A man sitting in the Dallas County Jail has explained to us why he says he called 911 on himself — after escaping from police.
Desoto police say 29-year-old Dyonta Rose was a passenger in a vehicle involved in hit and run wreck over the weekend. An officer cuffed Rose and put him in a cruiser while they investigated. But Rose says the officer left the door unlocked. So, he was able to open it and walk away.
“The handcuffs that were on my arm were cutting off circulation to my wrist,” said Rose in a jailhouse interview.
Rose said he left the unlocked cruiser because he was scared. “I didn’t know what I was arrested for and I just wanted this for this to be over.”
After calling 911 on himself, Dallas police tracked him down and took him to jail.
Rose faces several charges — including drug possession and escape which is a felony.
Rose denies being in possession of any drugs.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Judge Blocks Planned Sale Of Whitney Houston’s Emmy
- Business Of Sign Language Interpretation Is Booming
- Neighbor Helps Police End Crime Spree
- Texans With Character: Top Chef Lina Biancamano
- Manziel Looking For Plea Deal According To Lawyer’s Accidental Text
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures