105.3 THE FAN — Ozzie Smith is the spokesperson for a plan to get MLB Opening Day accepted as a National Holiday.
I think nearly every person in DFW treats Opening Day that way anyway. Some people go out to the ballpark simply to tailgate and hang out.
Kevin and I have traditionally asked for the Super Bowl to be on a Saturday, so that everybody can have an opportunity to recover, but Opening Day for baseball as a National Holiday, genius idea from The Wizard.
The other reason Ozzie might be the smartest man alive, he was asked who the best shortstops are that he’s seen.
His list of best shortstops:
— Omar Visquel
— Elvis Andrus
— Andrelton Simmons
The Rangers signed Elvis to a 10-year contract because of his addictive personality and love for the game as well as his talent, something Ozzie Smith was well known for as well.
By Cory Mageors, weeknights 7-11 on the K&C Masterpiece
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Josh Hamilton To Sign Minor League Deal With Rangers
- Keidel: Aaron Rodgers Has No Peers
- Cowboys Loss To Packers Was Painful, But Not The Most Heartbreaking
- Jones Says Romo “Will Play In A Superbowl,” Would Not Specify Team
- Cowboys Season In Review: Dallas Exceeded All Expectations in 2016 Despite Early Playoff Loss