DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM/AP) – Two people died Tuesday night at a Dallas nightclub, in what police are calling a murder-suicide stemming from a domestic dispute. The incident started shortly after 9:30 p.m. at Johnny’s Vega’s, located in the 100 block of North Collett Avenue, just north of Fair Park.
The victims have been identified by the Dallas County Medical Examiner’s Office as 59-year-old Juan Hernandez and 47-year-old Eva Garcia. The two had been dating. Investigators said that the pair arrived at the nightclub separately and started to argue. Officials did not say what led to the dispute.
Hernandez left the nightclub at one point during the fight, but returned to shoot Garcia, police said. He then shot himself. Garcia was shot multiple times in the upper body. Hernandez’s body was on the floor with an apparent self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head.
Detectives are still investigating this case, but are not searching for any additional suspects. Nobody else was injured.
- “Silent March” Planned For Downtown Dallas Friday
- After Turmoil Sanders, Mrs Obama, Warren Thrill Convention
- Hacker Targets Woman’s Amazon Account
- Rowlett Tornado Victim Displays His Anger With Insurance Company
- Texas Kidnapper Who Helped Find New Remains Sent To Oklahoma
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures