Woman Hurt When Oxygen Tank Explodes
Get Breaking News First
ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) - A woman in Arlington was seriously hurt Wednesday morning when her oxygen tank exploded at her apartment complex. The incident happened at about 6:00 a.m. in the 2300 block of Bamboo Drive, near Brown Boulevard.
Officials said that the 58-year-old woman was smoking at the time of the blast. No other injuries were reported.
Authorities closed a portion of Brown Boulevard in order to attend to the victim. She was taken by air ambulance to Parkland Hospital in Dallas to be treated for severe burns on her body.
- Iconic Fashion Designer Oscar de la Renta Dead At 82
- Ebola Patient Released From Atlanta Hospital
- CDC Releases Revised Ebola Safety Gear Guidelines
- Keller ISD Eyes $169.5M Bond Package To Build More Schools
- Donors Helping Ebola-Quarantined Family Start Over
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures