ARLINGTON (AP) — The American Cup is set to be the first gymnastics event in the $1.2 billion home of the Dallas Cowboys next year.
The event on March 7, 2015, will be slightly more than a year before the Summer Olympics in Brazil. It will be the first American Cup in Texas since a three-year run in Fort Worth from 1996 to 1998.
The Cowboys’ 80,000-seat stadium with a retractable roof isn’t far from the home of 2008 Olympic all-around gold medalist Nastia Liukin.
The top Junior Olympic hopefuls will compete the day before the American Cup in an event named after Liukin.
This year’s American Cup is Saturday in Greensboro, N.C.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cowboys Leap Over Bears, Win 31-17
- Golfing Legend Arnold Palmer Dies At 87
- Rangers Can’t Complete Sweep, Fall To A’s 7-1
- Miami Marlins Ace Jose Fernandez Dies In Boating Accident
- No. 10 Texas A&M Gets 45-24 Win Over No. 17 Arkansas
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures