ARLINGTON (AP) — The American Cup is set to be the first gymnastics event in the $1.2 billion home of the Dallas Cowboys next year.
The event on March 7, 2015, will be slightly more than a year before the Summer Olympics in Brazil. It will be the first American Cup in Texas since a three-year run in Fort Worth from 1996 to 1998.
The Cowboys’ 80,000-seat stadium with a retractable roof isn’t far from the home of 2008 Olympic all-around gold medalist Nastia Liukin.
The top Junior Olympic hopefuls will compete the day before the American Cup in an event named after Liukin.
This year’s American Cup is Saturday in Greensboro, N.C.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dallas Cowboys Raise Awareness To Fight Animal Cruelty
- NBA Western Conference 2016 All-Star Roster Breakdown
- FIFA Ethics Committee Bans Former Secretary General For 12 Years
- NBA Eastern Conference 2016 All-Star Roster Breakdown
- Hello, Win Column: Starting Pitching Depth
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures