DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) – Texas Gov. Rick Perry is returning to Iowa for a two-day visit that includes stops in the Des Moines suburbs and a meeting with business leaders in Davenport.
Perry will be interviewed Thursday by a media panel in Johnston for a public affairs show on Iowa Public Television. He’ll meet later in the day with Republican activists at a GOP campaign office in Urbandale.
On Friday, he will meet privately with about a dozen business leaders in Davenport. That event is sponsored by Americans For Prosperity, a group backed by billionaire brothers Charles and David Koch.
It will be Perry’s first visit to Iowa since last November.
He’s frequently mentioned as a potential presidential candidate but hasn’t announced his plans. He failed in a 2012 bid for the GOP nomination.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Rangers Beat Rays; Clinch Home Field In Playoffs
- Widow Of Veteran Facing Foreclosure From HOA
- Trio Allegedly Robbed Store, Beat Clerk
- Texas Exits Refugee Resettlement Program Over Security Concerns
- Thousands Attend Texas Launch Of New Selena Cosmetics Line
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures