105.3 THE FAN — Fresh off an Olympic gold medal win as an assistant for the Canadian hockey team, Dallas Stars Head Coach Lindy Ruff joined us to talk about his experience in Russia.
One of the cool things is that he got to watch Jamie Benn up close while not being the only voice Benn heard. Ruff thinks Benn, who scored the goal to down the US team in the semifinals, played better and better as the tournament wore on.
He also kept an eye on Stars net-minder Kari Lehtonen, who earned bronze in Russia.
One thing I can say about Ruff is he is one of the coolest coaches I’ve ever talked to. He always comes stacked with great thoughts about his players, but then when we ask him a silly question he cracks a joke that makes the entire room laugh.
Find out what he says about Molson and the biggest Beaver Damn in Canada.
By Cory Mageors, weeknights 7-11 on the K&C Masterpiece
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Shippy & Luds – In The 5 Hole: How Can The Stars Recover Against The Blues
- How I’d Bet $100 On The Kentucky Derby
- 3 Texas Tech Football Players Kicked Off Team
- Texas A&M Coach Apologizes For Tweets Critical Of Player’s Reversal
- Jerry Jones: Jaylon Smith Won’t Go On IR, Hope Lawrence Gets Suspension Reduced