McKINNEY (AP) – A former cheerleading coach in the Dallas area has been sentenced to 30 years in prison for molesting several girls he met at private gymnasiums.
A judge in McKinney on Thursday sentenced 31-year-old Kyle Ware. Ware pleaded guilty to indecency with a child and to three counts of continuous sexual abuse of a child.
Frisco police say Ware met the victims while working at training facilities. Some of the abuse incidents go back to 2007.
Ware had faced trial starting Monday and could have received life in prison if convicted.
He received 30 years for each of the three counts of continuous sex abuse of a child and 20 years for indecency with a child by contact. The sentences will be served concurrently.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Infant’s Death Inspires Family To Give Back During Holidays
- Texas H.S. Coaches ‘Starting the Conversation’ About Sexual Assault
- Appeals Court Halts Execution For Dad Who Killed Daughters
- Man Charged With Murder After Stabbing At Job Placement Center
- Mumps Immunizations Required For Returning Cleburne Students
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures