McKINNEY (AP) – A former cheerleading coach in the Dallas area has been sentenced to 30 years in prison for molesting several girls he met at private gymnasiums.
A judge in McKinney on Thursday sentenced 31-year-old Kyle Ware. Ware pleaded guilty to indecency with a child and to three counts of continuous sexual abuse of a child.
Frisco police say Ware met the victims while working at training facilities. Some of the abuse incidents go back to 2007.
Ware had faced trial starting Monday and could have received life in prison if convicted.
He received 30 years for each of the three counts of continuous sex abuse of a child and 20 years for indecency with a child by contact. The sentences will be served concurrently.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- People In Lindale Clean Up After And Relive Friday Tornado
- Sixth Victim Found Dead From Palestine Flooding
- Minors Injured In Church Van Crash In Fort Worth
- Dallas Homeowner Shoots, Kills Burglary Suspect
- Man Arrested For Throwing Rocks At Cars In Dallas
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures