ARLINGTON (AP) – Manny Atkins tied a career high with 27 points and Georgia State took down Texas-Arlington 77-49 Thursday to earn at least a share of the regular season Sun Belt Conference title.
Georgia State (21-7, 14-1) holds a three-game lead over Western Kentucky in the conference standings. Each team has three conference games remaining.
The Panthers used a big second half to top Texas-Arlington (12-15, 7-8), erasing a halftime deficit and outscoring the Mavericks 48-15 in the second half. Atkins scored 17 of his points after the break, as the Panthers shot 59.3 percent from the field in the second half compared with 25 percent for Texas-Arlington.
Harrow added 15 points, 13 after half, for Georgia State. Markus Crider had 12 points and Devonta White scored 11.
Reger Dowell led the Mavericks with 18 points. Lonnie McClanahan had 12 points and 10 boards while Brandon Edwards added 12 points.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Missing Richardson Girl’s Parents Involved In Unrelated Legal Battle
- Bush Condemns Trump-Era America: ‘Bigotry Seems Emboldened’
- Ex-Dean Foods Chairman Gets 2 Years In Prison In Fraud Case
- Fantasy Football Week 7 Starts And Sits
- Man Tear Gassed, Arrested At Water Park Early Thursday Morning
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures