Little League President Arrested, Accused Of Stealing League Money
PARKER COUNTY (CBSDFW.COM) – The spring season for Peaster Baseball Association little league players has been cancelled and the man who served as president of the group is in jail.
Police say Noe Joe McKinzie, 41, stole $10,000 from the little league accounts in a one month period. Two of the league’s board members contacted police when they noticed funds were missing from the account.
An investigation determined that McKinzie had created a debit card for the account on January 6 and started using the card to make personal purchases the next day, according to police.
McKinzie spent thousands of dollars to pay his cell phone bill and buy food, according to the arrest report. McKinzie also admitted to deputies that he spent $3,000 of the league’s money as a down payment on his personal 2004 white Ford pickup truck.
Board members have cancelled the upcoming spring season, saying there is not enough money left in the accounts for the kids to play.
“They are young and cannot comprehend what has happened,” said Parker County Sheriff Larry Fowler. “They only know they can’t play. The board members regretfully made a formal statement notifying the parents about the investigation and the inability to continue with the season.”
McKinzie has been charged with misapplication of fiduciary property and was being held $7500 bond.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Synthetic Marijuana Use Spikes, Concerns Lawmakers
- Kentucky Derby Preview: American Pharoah, Dortmund Favorites To Win
- 5 Great Floyd Mayweather Fights
- Cowboys Sign Punter Chris Jones To New Deal
- David Ragan To Replace Vickers At MWR For Rest Of NASCAR Season
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures