Reported Child Abduction In Dallas Ends Safely
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (CBS 11 NEWS) - A little boy is back in his mother’s arms after being taken on a ride by a suspected thief.
Police tell us the brief — and possibly accidental abduction — all started along Stemmons Freeway because of a fight over money.
The boy’s mother had just gotten out of her red SUV in a parking lot off the highway, when a man jumped into the driver’s seat and took off. It’s unclear if the man knew a 5-year-old boy was in the backseat.
Shortly after leaving, the suspect seemed to be returning to the scene, but then turned around again. Police responding to the report of a child abduction caught up to him quickly and stopped him about a block away.
The boy’s mother told officers she lives with the man, and he took her car because she owed him money for rent.
The man’s name has not been released and police say he will not face any charges.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Direct Summer Sun Can Make Playground Equipment Dangerous
- Burned Out Apartment Complex Untouched After 3 Months
- Relief For Families Who Went For Days Without Power
- Summer Caution: Heat-Related Illnesses On The Rise
- Commissioner: Immigrant Children Not Welcome
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures