SAN ANTONIO (AP) – Jordan Williams scored 14 points and Brandan Walton added 13 as North Texas used a big second half to top Texas-San Antonio 71-62 on Thursday.
North Texas (15-13, 6-8 Conference USA) scored 47 points in the second half, overcoming a 32-24 halftime deficit to hand Texas-San Antonio (8-19, 4-10) its third consecutive loss.
North Texas erased the first-half deficit as Williams tied the game at 53 on a 3-pointer with 10:11 left. Walton’s basket tied the game again at 55 with 8:36 remaining, sparking an 8-0 run to give the Mean Green a 61-55 lead.
The Roadrunners cut the lead to 66-62 with 1:13 left, but North Texas hit 5 of 6 from the line the rest of the way to secure the win.
T.J. Taylor added 10 points for North Texas.
Edrico McGregor and Keon Lewis each scored 13 to pace the Roadrunners. Devon Agusi added 12.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Friends React To Accused Murderer’s Death After Officer-Involved Shooting
- Runoff Election To Held For Frisco City Council Position
- Silver: NBA Will Keep Eye On State’s Inclusion Policies
- Trump Motorcade Hit By 2×4, 5 Students Face Charges
- Sen. Cruz Says Rio Grande Valley Crucial To Texas’ Economic Strength
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures