Police: 9-Year-Old Struck By Bullet From Target-Practicing Neighbor
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - Police say a 9-year-old Dallas girl is in critical condition after she was struck by a stray bullet around 11:30 a.m. Saturday in her home on the 400 block of W. Yarmouth St.
The bullet appeared to have come from a target-practicing neighbor in the yard next-door, authorities said.
The shot, from a handgun, apparently went through the kitchen window of the home the girl lives in.
Police reports from the incident suggest the girl was struck in the head.
The girl, who has yet to be named, was transported to Children’s Medical Center, and is in critical condition at this time.
Police have identified Cristian Manzano, 20, as the suspect in the shooting. Formal charges against Manzano have yet to be announced.
Police reports show that Manzano was arrested for serious bodily injury to a child and discharge of a weapon in a municipality greater than 100 thousand residents.
Manzano was booked into the Dallas County Jail at 5:13 p.m. Saturday.
Dallas police say more details will be released regarding the incident as they become available.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Dallas Police Hunt For Fatal Robbery Suspects
- Rangers Hold On For 4-2 Win Over Yankees
- Standing Room Only At Collin County Meeting About Immigrant Children
- Disrespected Dez? The Anatomy Of A Cowboys Non-Story
- Recent Drownings Reminder For Parents To Stay Vigilant
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures