ARLINGTON (CBSDFW.COM) – An off-duty Arlington police officer was involved in a shooting around 6 a.m. Sunday with a suspected burglar at an apartment complex in the 5900 block of Valley Creek Lane.
The officer, who has not been named, came across an alarm system going off at an apartment complex’s business and noticed the front door ajar.
According to an APD spokesman, The off-duty officer saw a burglary suspect inside and went to confront the man.
The suspect refused to comply with the officer’s commands, however, and the officer ultimately shot the man during a confrontation.
The suspect fled the scene to a nearby car, but was soon picked up by on-duty officers who were responding to the initial alarm call.
The wounded suspect was then driven to Medical Center of Arlington. The suspect is said to have non-life threatening injuries.
The officer has since been placed on routine administrative leave as APD further investigates the incident.
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Demoted FWPD Officer Says He Did Not Leak Video
- Better Slow Down In Weatherford!
- Bracket Set For Big 12 Baseball Tournament
- Boy Dies After Stepping Into Puddle With Downed Power Line
- Kittens Recovering Right ‘Meow’ After Surviving Arlington Fire
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures