COLLIN COUNTY (CBS 11 NEWS) – Drivers struggled to get up Hebron Parkway near Marsh Ridge Road in Carrollton in Denton County Sunday night.
When one driver finally did get through, it was onto the next vehicle for those helping out, including our own CBS-11 photo-journalist Manuel Villela.
Carrollton police sent out a tweet warning drivers to avoid the area.
Officers took their own advice, but for those drivers already here who wanted to get by those who were stranded, getting out and pushing was the only way to go.
One man who helped said, “This is pretty crazy out here. I just want to get home.”
The roads were icy enough to prompt the four largest school districts in Collin County to close: Plano, Frisco, McKinney, and Allen ISD’s all announced Sunday night they’ve cancelled classes Monday.
Earlier in the day Sunday, claps of thunder could be heard as bands of sleet and bitter cold winds pushed through Frisco, leaving roads icy, and vehicles’ traction dicey.
Chris Marshall of Frisco says, “I was doing some fishtail in the parking lot – not too bad.”
Now, the big concern for drivers, what will the morning commute be like — when they’ve got to leave home and get to work.
Brandon Chandler of Frisco says, “If you drive slowly, you’ll be fine. As long as you don’t drive too fast and overzealous.”
(©2014 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Softball Series Teaches Players Powerful Lessons In Overcoming Adversity
- Mother Pleads For Justice After Son Gunned Down In Oak Cliff
- Texas Lawmakers OK Budget But ‘Bathroom Bill’ Still In Limbo
- Texas Approves Bill To Allow Guns Near School In Parked Cars
- DeSoto Native Errol Spence Jr Takes IBF World Welterweight Title
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures