President Obama Calls On Congress To Help Create Jobs
WASHINGTON (AP) – President Barack Obama is challenging Congress to help him create jobs and rebuild the nation’s infrastructure.
In his weekly radio and Internet address, Obama points to the launch of two new high-tech manufacturing hubs and a competition to rebuild the nation’s roads, bridges, mass transit, ports and railroads. Obama says Congress can help in both areas.
He says a bill now before Congress would create a network of high-tech manufacturing hubs all across the country. And he says he’ll send Congress a budget next week that would rebuild transportation systems and support millions of jobs.
In the Republican address, Rep. Ann Wagner of Missouri is asking the president to explain government reports that up to 11 million workers will pay higher insurance premiums because of the new health care law.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Storms Cause Damage, Prompt Water Rescues In Rio Vista
- Clippers Even Series With 114-105 Win Over Spurs
- Flyweight Champ Demetrious Johnson Retains Title At UFC 186
- Martin’s 11th-Inning HR Helps Rangers Beat Angels
- Tornadoes Reported As Severe Storm Tracks Across North Texas
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures