Empty Jet Goes Off DFW Airport Taxiway
GRAPEVINE (AP) - An unoccupied American Airlines jet being towed to a maintenance hangar has gone off a taxiway at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport during freezing weather.
American spokeswoman Laura Masvidal says nobody was hurt in the incident around 5 a.m. CST Monday that left the MD-80 in a grassy area.
She says officials with the Fort Worth-based carrier are trying to determine how the incident happened and if weather played a role. Masvidal says the jet was being towed from a gate for routine maintenance. All three sets of landing gear went into the grass.
Masvidal says the jet, which remained in the grass at daybreak Monday, was not damaged.
Temperatures dipped into the teens Monday in North Texas where some highways were icy a day after sleet.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Injured Vietnam Vet Still Fighting To Get Purple Heart
- Texas Health Commissioner Still On Job After Scathing Report
- Fort Worth Fire Dept Makes Quick Work Of 3-Alarm Motel Fire
- 30 Players: Baseball’s Top Prospect Bryant Won’t Wait Long For Cubs Debut
- New Parkland Hospital Hopes To Give Patients A Comforting Experience
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures