Empty Jet Goes Off DFW Airport Taxiway
Get Breaking News First
GRAPEVINE (AP) - An unoccupied American Airlines jet being towed to a maintenance hangar has gone off a taxiway at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport during freezing weather.
American spokeswoman Laura Masvidal says nobody was hurt in the incident around 5 a.m. CST Monday that left the MD-80 in a grassy area.
She says officials with the Fort Worth-based carrier are trying to determine how the incident happened and if weather played a role. Masvidal says the jet was being towed from a gate for routine maintenance. All three sets of landing gear went into the grass.
Masvidal says the jet, which remained in the grass at daybreak Monday, was not damaged.
Temperatures dipped into the teens Monday in North Texas where some highways were icy a day after sleet.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- CBSDFW Local Picks: NFL Week 5
- Playoff Pinch Hits: Four American League Teams Left To Chase World Series
- Cowboys RB Murray Named NFC Offensive Player Of Month
- Michael Young Helping With Rangers’ Managerial Search
- Thursday Night Fantasy Starters: Jordy Nelson, Matt Asiata And Aaron Rodgers
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures