GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) – Karla Gilbert scored 23 points on 7-of-10 shooting to lead No. 17 Texas A&M to an 83-72 victory over Florida on Sunday.
In a close game, Texas A&M (23-7, 13-3 SEC) finally broke away with a 13-4 run capped by a Tori Scott jumper that made it 62-54 with 7:22 to go, and extended the advantage to double-figures down the stretch.
Scott contributed 19 points and Courtney Walker had 17 for the Aggies, who shot 51 percent from the field in their final regular season game to tie their best conference record. Achiri Ade had 14 points and 13 rebounds in the win, while Jordan Jones had 14 rebounds.
Florida (18-11, 8-8) closed to within two on a Kayla Lewis layup that made it 52-50 with 10:42 to play but it was as close as the Gators would get in the second half.
Jaterra Bonds led Florida with 18 points.
(© Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Barnes, Matthews Power Mavs Past Bulls 107-82
- City Leaders To Hear Recommendations Of Dallas Commission On Homelessness
- DeSoto Community Reacts To Delayed Parade Due To Football
- Fort Worth Symphony Musicians And Management Reach Tentative Agreement
- No. 14 West Virginia Beats Baylor 24-21 To Get To 10 Wins
- Driveway Robbers Threaten Grandparents With 4-Year-Old
- The First, Legal Gay Marriage In Texas?
- Woman Dies In Fort Worth Stockyards Shooting
- Cowboys Pre-Combine Mock Draft
- Dallas Firefighter Remembered At Funeral
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures